Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Wheat and the Weeds



Their roots are spreading, our children who stand so straight and tall.  They come together occasionally to share their stories, then head back to where the stories happen, planted and growing among weeds.  The wheat and the weeds. . .

Father, My heart's desire is that our seed would be with Your Seed.  When the weeds come into their lives, I want to clean them out so that our seed would grow strong and true. 


The servants ask the Owner of the field, "Where then did the weeds come from?  
"An enemy did this," He replies.


Can I pull weeds?


"No," He answers, "because while you are pulling the weeds, you may up root the wheat.  Let both grow together until the harvest. . . . at that time, I will direct the harvesters:  first collect weeds, tie into bundles, and burn them.  Then, gather the wheat and bring it into My barn."  


I sometimes try to pull weeds all by myself and it makes a mess.  I try to clean up messes.  And I hear You tell me to be still.  Father, it takes courage to be still.  



Jesus is my courage.  
Trusting Him to direct the harvest is my place.  
I watch, praying while waiting. . . 



Praying for His bountiful harvest in your lives, too.  (Matthew 13:24-30)
Love always,
Angie




No comments:

Post a Comment