Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Holy Moment

O God!  Oh, God!  Praise God.  Oh, praise God!

Sweet shock froze my brain.
Then the emotions came.
     A flood.
Tears of gratitude when words were worthless.

We had been sitting at the table.  Talking about Jesus crying.
Father, You specifically chose this place and time to walk us into a Holy moment.

We had been sharing the things Jesus had taught us by teaching His disciples.  His preparation of the disciples concerning changes that were to come quickly.  (Luke 19, John 16)  His faithfulness to walk in obedience to His Father and letting His disciples know about the days ahead even though they did not comprehend what was really happening.  He was preparing them.  Jesus was loving them.

And we talked about Jesus weeping.  He wept twice. He had a regular cry of sadness and He had another that was a wailing, dirge of the soul.  We understood the difference.  We understand crying.

Then, I shared with my friends that I cried that very morning.  Cried because of the forced change; cried because of emptiness that echoes; cried because of the weight of foreboding circumstances on the horizon; cried for the gentleness of God's palm where He keeps me, sheltered under His wing as storms build and blow and pass on.  And praise music had played as I swayed, alone, and cried a little more because life is rich and deep, raw and alive as I walk in trust of Him.

And I trust Him.

As I finished sharing, I said, "You guys, I want to be able to dance before my God even if tears are dripping off my chin.  I want to dance with my God!"

Father! 
Were You waiting with a smile on Your face at that very moment?  
     Were You waiting for that. very. cue?  
          Were You waiting for me to put my heart's desire into words for me to hear myself say?  
     Were You waiting for my friends to hear this desire so they could see Your glory, too?  
You had perfectly planned a surprise party to be unleashed for my soul at an exact moment and You had set the table with Your Word and You had created a very special guest list!

The Holy moment was unleashed as the sound of a text flying into our presence was heard.  I glanced at my phone.  It was from my husband.  I saw the word 'benign'.

BENIGN!  "O God!  Oh, God!  Praise God.  Oh, praise God!"

The foreboding weight lifted and I covered my face and cried.  It was my second time to cry this day.  Cried till the tears were dripping off my chin and that is when my friends went into action!  One ran for the music and the other grabbed my hand.

I could hardly stand, so I bent over to help the deep cry out . . .
. . . and they danced for me, then they took my hands to lift them in the air to praise God. And we danced with God.  We danced with God!

As we sat down to close out our time, another song came on:
The Great I Am by Phillips, Craig, and Dean
and even as conversation was continuing at the table, silently I was singing in my heart.
Sitting in still-praise of Him!

Driving home, the chorus and first verse kept mixing, kept resounding in my soul:
I want to be close, close to Your side . . .
      Hallelujah, Holy, Holy
So heaven is real and death is a lie . . .
      God Almighty, the great I AM
I wanna hear voices of angels above
      Who is worthy, none beside Thee
Singing as one . . .
     God Almighty, the great I AM

Father, thank You for Holy moments.  Thank You for 'benign'.  Thank You for Your impeccable timing. Thank You for the gift of friends.  Thank You for music that helps us dance with You.  Thank You for tissues to wipe tears.  Thank You for music that becomes praise-of-my-soul.  

God moments.  Holy moments.
May you enjoy them silently.  And may you enjoy them with friends.
Love always,
Angie

ps  This happened yesterday.  And today, I am still dancing in the echoing-emptiness.  God is good.

Here is a little extra about the song The Great I am:  About the song

1 comment:

Sharon B. Woolmington said...

Breathtakingly Beautiful, Angie!

Post a Comment