Wednesday, April 25, 2012

In the Stillness


In the stillness, my soul hears His beat more loudly.  
     Constant.
          Loving.

His rhythm is continual, never ending.
     Calming.
          Steady.

In the quiet, He whispers truth for me to hear.
     Trust Me.
          Believe.

From false thought-beats pounding, He supplies refuge.
    Faithful.
          Mighty.

Raw wounds, tender cuts, and God says "Hush. I will fill."
  Inward.
           Healing.

He instructs. Counsels. Reminds me, "Step forward."
    Forgive.
               Bless them.

Healing begins as whispered blessings are spoken.
         His Words.
               Heart-felt.

Jesus says deny myself, pick up my cross daily.
     Seek Me.
          Follow.

So I keep His commandments, abide in His love.
    His Joy.
          In me.


And in this stillness, my soul is at rest.
In Him.
            Always.  

Grace and peace,
Angie


1 comment:

Sharon B. Woolmington said...

Angie-Your latest writings are raw, depthful, and filled with grace and truth. Keep writing!--Sharon

Post a Comment