Saturday, May 7, 2011

Anchored Light




Birthdays are for the celebration of life lived!

Our daughter lives life well and is blossoming.  She is growing into a beautiful young lady.  She gives and serves and tenderly walks through her day.  And we celebrated her.

As I watched the candles burning, I thought of all of us living life as lights in this world.  What would each of our lights look like?

And a prayer waltzed into my thoughts after we sang Happy Birthday, "Thank You, Jesus, for coming as the light in a world of darkness where You are not always understood.  (John 1:4-5)  Was I a light for You today, Father?  And will I still be a light when the weight of life bends me low?  My desire is to be anchored in the delicious sweetness of You like candles in a warm pie.  

No comments:

Post a Comment