Sunday, May 1, 2011

My Shield

Sometimes my worst enemy is myself and the Lord is still my shield.  He lifts my head when I want to hang it in shame.  


This time shame came because of my ingratitude.  The ingratitude fostered discontent.  And discontent over flowed into words.


I wish I could take them all back.  I can't.  


           I wish I had thought before speaking.  I didn't.


Father, what do I do now?  I want to hide.  I feel ashamed.  


Pride fuels that shame, doesn't it?  Help me walk past the pride and do what is right.  Reading Psalm 32 reminds me that You have taught me the right things to do.  


I need to go and say I am sorry.  


And the Lord shields me from myself.  


Love always.
Angie
But You, O Lord,
are a shield about me,
You are the lifter of my head.
Psalm 3:3

No comments:

Post a Comment