Saturday, February 18, 2012

Beautifully Broken

The tide comes in, depositing treasures.  Broken shells.  Millions and millions of broken pieces in one little area.  They create the beach: a place to play, to walk, and to stand still listening to unfamiliar sounds.

We stand in brokenness.  









If the shells stayed whole, they would hurt our feet.  But they shatter and break to form grains of sand for us to walk on.  
       Broken for a purpose.  
              Broken and poured out by the tides.  

Father, 
This beach of brokenness is beautiful.  Waves of storms created it.  

Life's storm rages . . . and I am broken . . . now.  You promise to collect my tears, but are You holding my broken pieces, too? When the hurt You allow is overpowering, I admit, I want to know You are near while the crushing is happening.  And I just need to breathe . . .  

The LORD is near to the brokenhearted 
And saves those who are crushed in spirit.  
Psalm 34:18

I will not forget you. 
Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of My hands.  
Isaiah 49:15b-16a

Father, there is peace in knowing You are right here.  
How do I live beautifully while broken by the waves around me?  

Have a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in My sight.  
1 Peter 3:3-5

Do You know what it is like to be broken?

But He (Jesus) was pierced for our transgressions;
He was crushed for our iniquities;
upon Him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with His wounds we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5 ESV


For the joy set before Him, 

(Jesus) endured the cross, despising the shame, 
and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. 
For consider Him who has endured . . .
so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.
Hebrews 12:1-3

There is beauty in brokenness.  
Love always,
Angie


And now, O Lord, for what do I wait?
My hope is in You.
Psalm 39:7 ESV


But for You, O Lord, do I wait;
It is You, O Lord my God, who will answer.
Psalm 38:15 ESV


For You have been my hope, O Sovereign Lord,
my confidence since my youth.
Psalm 71:5 NIV

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thanks for this Angie...had a time of brokenness last week and have been praying about how to handle it. Thanks for the reminder that I should have a gentle and quiet spirit. Love you!

Post a Comment