Saturday, February 25, 2012

Stepping

Have you ever made yourself step when you can see a life-storm ahead?  Had to choose to stay present and walk into it when you would rather run to your own idea of comfort?  Walked into a circumstance that demands you stand on the faith born from storms past while feeling vulnerable and defenseless now?

Thoughts jumble and bounce between courage and doubt.  And when I doubt, I am like the surf of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind.  (James 1:6b)

Father, You tell us to be still.  Be quiet.  Stand.  Seek Your face.  Follow where You lead.  These are stages of surrender.  I want to fight back against the storm.  You made me so strong and I want to flex my muscles!  Please calm my heart-storm, my thought-winds.

The winds and storm momentarily dissipates.  Peace like a river attends my soul.  And we walk toward the waves with storms on the horizon wondering how hard will it hit.






Not my will but Yours be done.

We walk in the direction of our God because, although we make plans in our own minds, the Lord directs our steps.  (Proverbs 16:9)  Sometimes He directs us to face toward the storm and to lean in toward each other . . . and that is the purpose of the storm . . . to follow God together.



And we walk in trust.

He who gives attention to the word shall find good, 
and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.  
Proverbs 16:20


Let not your heart be troubled;
believe in God, believe also in Me.
Jesus
John 14:1



Do you now believe? . . .
I have spoken to you,
that you may have peace.
In the world you have tribulation, 
but take courage;
I have overcome the world.
Jesus
John 16:33


And I ask . . . "Why did You give me strong?" . . . and I know.  
Heavenly Father, pour Your word into my soul and let me know You hold me as I surrender to Your steps.  


Loving Lord, You have not given us a spirit of timidity, but one of love, power, and discipline. (2 Timothy 1:7)  Strength is required to love when hurt is standing in the way.  We are loving others, Lord.  Strength is required in discipline.  Strength flexes as we follow You and not lean on our own understanding, our own thoughts, our own desires.  Strength is required and it comes from You . . .


Actually, . . . honestly, . . . I want to dance in the storm.  Then, be held by You when I am tired.  And Father, I praise You even now, not knowing what is ahead.  What I know for certain is: You are God.  


Praise Your Holy name. 


I love You, O Lord, my strength.
Psalm 18:1

May we know our Lord, our Father, our Provider, our Protector more deeply in the face of life's storms.
Love always,
Angie

It's just one step toward solid ground,
It's just one step on water.
It's one more step that's heaven bound,
It's one more step of slaughter.


It's just one step of foolishness, 
It's a step upon a prayer.
It's the step that I would never take,
If my God weren't standing there.


It's the only step I cannot take,
It's the step upon the brink.
It's the step I'm called to make,
But, like Peter, I just sink!


It's just one step out on a limb,
It's just one step on grace.
So I'll take one step to be with Him,
I'll step to see His face.
Zach Tingle

No comments:

Post a Comment