Thursday, February 23, 2012

Where is God?

The question cries through clenched teeth, "Where is God?"
All I say is, "What do you mean?"

"I pray and He doesn't answer.  I. am. so. angry. with. Him."
"Why?"

"He doesn't care about me
     or maybe He is busy with someone else
          or maybe He just isn't really there."

I listen and remember having those thoughts when He first taught me to be still and wait on Him.


Father, it is good to walk a long time with You.   I don't doubt Your presence anymore.  I just wish for more of You.  Time after time, You answer and provide.  And You do not jump when I wish You would. Instead, You tell me to be still in my soul and seek You and follow You and know You.  


And it is always just right.  


You are always with me (Matthew 28:20).  You never fall asleep on the job (Psalm 121:2-3) of caring for me.  I am safe with You.  That doesn't mean life is "safe," but, You are, Father.

Faith stands at attention in the chambers of our minds at the point we trust.  There are times He calls us to stand in the midst of storms, even though our five senses do not register His existence.  Since He isn't defined by our senses, deep frustration can take root. But God is deeper.

God knew we would struggle with Him and He gave us our senses to experience Him.  But He gave us a heart and soul to know Him.

All of creation knows (Romans 1:20) there is something bigger . . . more powerful . . . undefined . . . creative . . .

Father, I am so thankful that we experience You in the depths of who we are.  If You were to take our sight, and the ability to hear, to taste, to smell, and to feel with our skin, we would still be living.  In that state, it would be thoughts and emotions only.  And that is where You commune with us.  
It is where 
belief,
trust, 
faith,
hope,
love, 
joy, 
peace,
patience,
kindness,
goodness,
gentleness,
self-control,
longsuffering,
mercy,
and real life reside.

These words have depth.  Read them one at a time.  Slowly.  Try to define them.  It is easier to describe their meanings by giving an example from life.  Circumstances bring them to understanding.  But the reality of them lives in our heart and soul.  God's dwelling place.

Where is God?  In the depths of our being.  In all of creation.  And not always registered by our senses.
Love always,
Angie


There is no pit so deep
That God's love is not deeper still.
Corrie Ten Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment