Monday, August 20, 2012

Dancing in the Dark


On my last night in Juarez, with quiet laughter, we made shadow pictures on the cement block wall of the casa.  The street light was our back light.  And simple child-like joy overflowed into the dark, into the night.  We had brought a blessing to our brothers and sisters in Christ.

That was last week.  

Today, while reading back through my journal, I paused to look at pictures again and to read the words that kept catching my heart.


Choose Justice
(and I wanted to add the rest of that verse: love mercy, walk humbly with your God.  Micah 6:8)

 Awake, Awake Juarez City!
Chase away the dark + pity.
Take your streets back again!
I declare this is a battle you can win!
"And knowing Him like I do,
I count it done!"

 Through these doors may the atmosphere of heaven 
invade those that enter,
may darkness, hopelessness and unbelief be replaced 
with light, hope + belief.


And we walked through the doors to a work room where 5 ladies came to sew.

Father, may the atmosphere of heaven invade my heart every day!  I claim the words above their door as the prayer of my heart . . . may darkness, hopelessness and unbelief be replaced with light, hope and belief as I walk into each day with You no matter where I wake!

They came to learn new patterns and new tips for sewing so they can market their goods.
I came looking for God shine.

And I found it.

Father, thank You for showing me how to dance in darkness by looking for Your shine.  This past week the Light of Your Word, Your Son, was shining on the faces that came to learn to sew in this room.

And my heart still glows from the warmth of His Shine.
Love always,
Angie



No comments:

Post a Comment