Friday, August 24, 2012

Fear and Faith

It was the first morning devotional in Juarez.
She said, "I know you live by faith because your fear did not keep you from coming."















For several years Carmen and Juan would host church people who were coming down to Juarez to build a place to house interns, to have meetings, and to gather local kids in the yard.  Then, the drug lords took over the city.  And people stopped coming to build because they were afraid.


And Carmen says to us, "You live by faith and have come even if you are afraid."  And she smiles quietly.  Affirmatively, she looks around our table in appreciation.  

All we have done is shown up.  Loving Lord, You have given a blessing through our obedience.  Period.  We haven't even shared anything or taught anything.  We just came . . . 

And isn't that what God asks of us?  Just show up.  
Love always,
Angie
Do not fear,
     for I am with you;
Do not anxiously look about you,
     for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
     surely, I will help you,
Surely I will uphold you 
     with My righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10



No comments:

Post a Comment