Tuesday, August 7, 2012

His Vacation for Us

Come to Me all who are weary and heavy-laden,
and I will give you rest.

So we went.

We met with believers in another state,
     and listened to a teacher of the Word from another country,
          and slept in a room offered by people who opened their home to us.
We enjoyed His rest!























Leaving the heavy-laden load at home for a time,
     God prepared a way for us to see Him freshly,
          to hear Him hourly,
             to play in His creation daily,
                    and then He sent us back with blown kisses from new friends.

Take My yolk upon you
and learn from Me, 
for I am gentle and humble in heart;

And in this broken season, I have learned He makes gentle requests that cost me self-satisfying ways.  He asks me to believe Him, be silent, and be still.  He commands me to seek His face, to seek the kingdom of God.  And He reminds me to live in today, for tomorrow has enough problems of its own.

Some days, it is hard to get out of bed and begin again.
     Some days, I feel lost and confused by all that has happened.
           Some days, it seems foolish to not be searching the papers or online job listings.

But this I know:  
Jesus reminds me that my greatest work is to believe in the One whom the Father has sent. The Living Water.  The Bread of Life.  The Good Shepherd.
Jesus refreshes the soul.

And you will find rest for your souls.
For My yolk is easy 
and My load is light.
Jesus

(Matthew 11:28-30)

Love always,
Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment