Sunday, August 19, 2012

God-worth


We were eating salads on the patio of a restaurant when my husband realized all 3 of his girls were wearing a cross on their necklaces.

He voiced a question to no one in particular, "Why do we wear an object of persecution around our necks?   Wearing something with such connections could be a morbid thought." 

I reached for my little 1/2" cross, fingering it gently and thinking.

Father, How should I answer that if a stranger asked me that question?

It represents the cost Jesus Christ paid for my sins. It represents a gift He gave to me and to anyone who believes He is the Son of God.  The gift is forgiveness for sin and eternity with Him.

The cross is the icon representing my story, my worth in the eyes of the God of Life. 
 IT IS MY PRICE TAG!
I touched my little cross, again, and remembered His Words.


For God so loved the world,
that He sent His one and only Son,
that who ever believes in Him 
will not perish,
but will have everlasting life.
John 3:16

I am bought with a price.  I belong to God.  And I am no longer a slave to sin, but live as a free woman. (Galatians 5:1)  And the life I now live abounds in His grace and kindness because He directs my steps.  There is joy that begins to bubble up as I ponder these truths.  (gentle smile)

He gave so much!  As I stand in a time of brokenness and "darkness" as to what will come next, I have prayed for God's light to shine brightly, as stars in the night sky.  Since praying that prayer, His cross represents the first shine He has brought to my mind.

I have been crucified with Christ; 
and it is no longer I who live, 
but Christ lives in me; 
and the life which I now live in the flesh 
I live by faith in the son of God, 
who loved me 
and gave Himself up for me.  
Galatians 2:20

And I remember that I have God-worth because of Jesus Christ's LOVING sacrifice on the cross.
GOD-WORTH!
Father, thank You for reminding me of the reason a cross hangs around my neck.  I have worth because Jesus Christ set my price . . . He stretched out His arms and died on a cross in place of me.   "You are worth this much to Me.  Eternity with you is worth this price."  

Today I am reminded Your Son's death gives my life worth.  Thank You, Father.

He "shines" in the form of a little cross around my neck!
May you know your God-worth today.
Love always,
Angie


No comments:

Post a Comment