Friday, January 27, 2012

Reverberations


We are 4000 strong, a microcosm of the world.  

One room holds all of us standing and praising and learning and sharing.  Reverberations of voices pulse across my skin, vibrating through me, becoming the beat of my heart.

Corporate worship. 

It dances through my legs as they sway to the rhythm 
     and it waves through my hands as they lift in surrender 
          and as tears-deeper-than-words sing eucharist on my cheeks. 

Friends known over two decades have come together from around the world. Friends who I have rushed to hospitals, changed their babies diapers, heard their stories,  worked beside, been taught by, held accountable, welcomed in our home, and MISSED have gathered. And we stand in one room praising God for who He is. 

Powerful.

This trip, the camera is at home on purpose so my eyes register the beauty and my ears the sounds of life.  The beauty of His people fills my senses as we talk and wave and hug and move through the halls.  Richness of knowing they shine Hope where they live fills my heart.  And we all face the same direction, Jesus.  

The Word shared.

Let us hold fast the confession of our hope 
without wavering, 
for He who promised is faithful; 
and let us consider how to stimulate one another 
to love and good deeds, 
not forsaking our own assembling together, 
as is the habit of some, 
but encouraging one another . . . 
Hebrews 10:23-25

Our leader encourages us.  Then he brings others to teach us.  And I try to let it all sink into my soul.  Sounds my skin feels and words my heart stores.

The stimulation to love and good deeds.


Then, we are sent back to our homes.  Back to the daily calling to deny ourselves, grasp the purpose God has given us, and to follow Jesus.  A sweet reminder.  It is good to be together!

God is good.  He is good all the time.  This reverberates in my thoughts.
Love always,
Angie

The physics of reverberation:
the persistence of a sound after its source has stopped, 
caused by multiple reflection of the sound within closed space.

No comments:

Post a Comment