Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Journey

The only things defining my journey home in the darkness were reflectors on one side and wash boards cut into the center line of pavement on the other side.  I looked for one and heard the other, then I knew where I needed to be.

Headlights shone only yards ahead.  The darkened heavens cloaked the earth.  Traveling alone gave space for inner thoughts to safely rise and hope-dance and settle in praise toward our God of Creation.  Stars like sky-confetti twinkled from over head down to the winter horizon.  And I drove home while thinking of standing under those same stars half a world away.

In a few weeks I will stand half a world away under these same stars!

And I'll want to tell everybody:
We have the same God who wants to be with us and give us
     direction that offers life
          and hope that anchors our souls
               and stars that make us smile when we are out on a dark night alone!

And the same big God who wraps Himself around and through the cosmos, began His journey on this earth wrapped in a tiny bundle.

He knew exactly how to start that journey: wrapped in swaddling clothes, burial wraps.  And for THE JOY set before Him, He endured many rough roads along His journey on earth.

Father of the Universe, praise is singing from my heart!  The joy set before Jesus was eternity with us, Your children all over the world!  You sent Your Son to show us the way!  

When life brings rough roads and a darkened path, we need help for the journey.  Let it come from the One who knows the way, shedding His light and His voice for the trip.  I look for Him and listen for Him, then I know I am where I need to be.
Love always,
Angie

Seek My face, and you will find 
more than you ever dreamed possible . . . 
I am the goal of all your searching.  
When you seek Me, you find Me and are satisfied.  
When lesser goals capture your attention,  I fade into the background of your life.  
I am still there, watching and waiting; 
but you function as if you were alone.  
Actually, My Light shines 
on every situation you will ever face. 
Live radiantly by expanding your focus to include Me 
in all your moments. 
Let nothing dampen your search for Me.  
Sarah Young, Jesus Calling, January 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment