Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Worship


The speck moved, gliding silently into view only to dissolve near the horizon. A falling star!  With childlike excitement I enjoyed the heaven’s display. 

That was last night. 

This morning something awakened me early with a desire to go back outside to stand under that same canopy of stars.  It was a time to be alone with God, a time to worship.

Large silence surrounded predawn darkness.  Have you ever listened to silence?  It grows and expands past the edges of our horizon.  Humility and power live in silence where shining beauty goes on and on. Humility grows because space reminds us of our true size.  Small.  And power is displayed because God himself holds the cosmos in spatial order. He holds it and exists beyond it.

Awe and worship rises from my soul toward Him. 

Worship attributes worth to something. This moment was simple, pure worship attributing worth to the One who placed the stars over our heads.

Cold air pinched my nose and a gentle, quiet darkness enveloped me while my eyes were drawn to the faithful light beginning to burn at the horizon.  Breathtakingly beautiful.  Even thoughts whispered in respect for Him.

Lift up your eyes on high
And see who has created these stars,
The One who leads forth their host by number,
He calls them all by name;
Because of the greatness of His might
and the strength of His power
Not one of them is missing.
Isaiah 40:26

Reminded that the stars speak of our Lord’s majestic power, I stood in wonder.  He knows each of them by name, even the ones that look like a shadow-of-a-star. And not one is missing because of His might and His power.
 
Father, who am I that You would take notice of me? 
             A woman standing alone,
                         On a deck or patio or dirt,
                                    somewhere on a continent,
                                                under Your canopy of pre-morning stars? 

                                                            And a question dares to rise, “Can You find me?”

And God answers:
Can I find you?  Where could you go from My Spirit?  There is nowhere. Psalm 139:7
I have numbered the very hairs of your head!  Luke 12:7
I am your Shepherd and have called you My own.  John 10
I was there when you were created, on purpose, exactly like you are.  Psalm 139.
And I sent My Son to show you the way back to Me when your sins separated us. 
            John 14:6

Breath exhales slowly in a frosted mist as thoughts of Him fill my soul.  He is great.  He is mighty.  And He is faithful to remind us of His tender mercies, like showing us stars held in place by His great power and directing the sun to rise over the horizon each morning spreading fingers of warmth across our skin.



And my heart smiles with thoughts of Him.  Worship.
Love always,
Angie
Heart of Worship

When the music fades,
All is stripped away,
And I simply come.
Longing just to bring
Something that’s of worth,
That will bless Your heart.

I’ll bring You more than a song, for a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within through the way things appear
You’re looking into my heart

I’m coming back to the heart of worship
And it’s all about You,
It’s all about You, Jesus.
I’m sorry, Lord, for the thing I’ve made it
And it’s all about You,
It’s all about You, Jesus.

King of endless worth,
No one could express,
How much You deserve.
Though I’m weak and poor,
All I have is Yours,
Every single breath.

I’ll bring You more than a song, for a song in itself
Is not what You have required
You search much deeper within through the way things appear
You’re looking into my heart

I’m coming back to the heart of worship
And it’s all about You,
It’s all about You, Jesus.
I’m sorry, Lord, for the thing I’ve made it
And it’s all about You,
It’s all about You, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment