Sunday, January 15, 2012

Home

Children come home to rest.
     And they come home to be heard.  
          And they come home because it is safe.
               And they come home because it is where they want to be loved.
                    And they come home for tools to return to their life.

The first four children, taught us.  The rest, grafted into our hearts, have continued to keep us humble.

Our home provides a place for them to encounter Jesus.  He is all we have to give.  
          
The stories of life came in spurts as we sat around the table, on stools at the counter or piled on top of each other in the living room nestled around the wood burning stove.  But, the questions came in the quiet where hearts unfold.

"Will I be able to stay the course of study?  I want to.  I don't know if I can.  Do I have what it takes?"  He has what it takes even if you don't.  He is faithful and able.  He will give you all you need to stay the course and will accomplish in you what He has begun.  He is all you need.
"I don't know how school will be paid for.  I want to believe He will help me.  There isn't enough in the bank.  I am in debt."  He is trustworthy.  Step by step He will provide all your needs.  He has a purpose for you and a plan.  He is in control.  He will provide for you to be exactly where He wants you to be.  
"Please pray for patience for me."  He has given His Spirit of patience already.  And it is enough.  Have courage to stand with Him.  Impatience bubbles up when we think we deserve something more, something else, something better.  
"Do you think I am ready for marriage?"  Let your Heavenly Father decide.  Draw close to Him and He will let you know when it is time.  Keep Him as your first love.  He is enough, even if He brings another into your life.  
Do you think He hears me when I pray? I mean, does it matter to Him? How will I know? Have you taken the time to write down your prayers, however big or small? And have you recorded His answers? He always hears our prayers. He promises and He delivers in His time.  

Father, We are Your children and You are our home. 
     We come to You the for rest You promised in Matthew 11:28-30
          We come to You to be heard.  Psalm 65:2
               We come to You to be sheltered and covered.  Psalm 91:4-5
                    We come to You for love.  John 15:13-14
                         We come to You, our home, to learn how to live this life.  
                          Colossians 3:12-17


May you, sweet friend, come home this year to be with Jesus daily as we learn more about Him together.
Love always,
Angie

1 comment:

Julie Little said...

Beautiful...I love your reminder that we are part of a family, that God loves us as a Father, that He will sit with us and reassure us and put His arms around us.

Post a Comment